If your opportunity for pre-cleansing is limited (perhaps you have a hectic work schedule in the days leading up to your detox retreat), you can still develop awareness of your food choices. We suggest sticking to a diet of fruit, steamed or lightly stir-fried veggies, salads, perhaps with a few nuts, yogurt, tofu, and whole grains such as quinoa and millet. Steer clear of fizzy, sugary drinks and stimulants such as caffeine. Instead, drink lots of water and fresh fruit or vegetable juice. Ideally, drink 3 to 4 liters of filtered or mineral water each day leading up to your fast. This is an excellent way to begin the flushing process in the body.
For best results while cleansing, we recommend that you begin lightening your diet at least 2 days, and up to 10 days, before your arrival at Orion Detox Retreat Koh Samui. A good pre-cleanse diet will prepare your body for the more intense detoxification it is about to go through, and should begin the purification of body and mind, making the whole experience more gentle and pleasant for you. To pre-cleanse effectively, we recommend eating only raw, live fruits, salads, and other vegetables. Choose simple salad dressings such as lemon, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar. We suggest avoiding meat, fish, eggs, dairy (with the exception of yogurt), grains and grain products, sugar, caffeinated tea, and alcohol for the duration of your pre-cleanse .With all our Programs, it is recommended to arrive early to make the most of your Pre-Cleanse .
Raw foods are more alkalizing, while cooked food is more acidifying. The body needs to have a pH neutral range in order to function properly. Constant consumption of high acidic food and drinks will in time damage your health in general. To maintain optimum health and longevity an alkalising diet is essential. Please make the necessary food preparations for your travel to and from Orion Retreat Center/ Koh Samui. We recommend that you travel with some dried fruit and health bars, these are available for your local whole foods store and pre-order a fruit plate for your flight meal (this needs to be done 48 hours prior to the flight).
Pre-Cleanse Preparation Should Include:
Foods & Liquids
- Eating Fruits, especially; Watermelon, Mangoes, Papayas, dates, figs, melons, grapes, kiwi, apples, pears, grapefruit and raisins.
- Eating Vegetables, this includes a few that are technically fruits: avocado, tomato, and bell peppers. Vegetables are best eaten raw.
- Eating Lightly steamed vegetables
- Eating Sprouted seeds, nuts, and some grains (millet, buckwheat, and spelt).
- Eating Organic brown rice
- Drinking Plenty of Water
- Drinkging Fresh Juices
- Vitamins and minerals and probiotics
- Cardiovascular activity, yoga, Thai chi, walking, daily exercise
- Meat and all animal proteins, including eggs
- Bread & complex carbohydrates
- Dairy (with the exception of live yogurt)
- White sugar & white flour
- Heavy or rich food / Fried or processed foods
- Carbonated drinks, Caffeinated tea & coffee
- Alcohol, drugs, cigarettes
- Television, unnecessary hours in front of the computer